A guide for the perfect elopement in Quebec
Why choose to elope?
It's the very first step you need to take. Why do YOU want to elope? Like really. Be true to yourselves. Otherwise, you may have regrets later on. And I don't want that for you.
Eloping is suitable for you if :
- You want a no-pressure, super relaxed day.
- You want to create an entire experience around your day.
- You want to do something extra special for a long time but didn't take it further. - Now's the time; you have the ultimate excuse!
- You desire to spend the entire day lost in your love bubble.
- You would like to focus your day on your couple and your love instead of the big party.
Eloping might not be the right fit if :
- You want to get married without breaking the bank.
- You think elopement has less value than a traditional wedding.
- You only do it for the 'Gram - Sure, it's a nice bonus but shouldn't be the only reason.
- You need to be a people pleaser.
- You are dreaming about an epic 3 days-long party.
Telling your loved ones
I would love you to stop worrying about announcing your decision to your loved ones. I'm sure you literally can't stop thinking about it since you've set your heart on eloping. You are not ALONE. Almost every of my couple shares the same apprehension. I am actually in the process of creating a blog post dedicated entirely to how you can sweeten the pill for them.
It's completely normal to feel the way you do. We are all conditioned to please everyone, especially the people we love the most.
But... you definitely should only think about your and your partner's happiness and desire on your day.
You are free. Free of enjoying your day with 200 guests or only the two of you.
I am here to tell you that having an elopement isn't a selfish decision, and it also doesn't mean you have to hide in secret while planning it. You absolutely can include friends and family, and here are some ideas on how to do so:
- Go shopping together - You definitely need some advice on your outfit for the day.
- Live-stream your ceremony - Thankfully we all are better at technology now.
- Invite them to help you get ready.
- Invite them to your after-elopement brunch.
- Create some DIY projects for your day. - for more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest.
Think about having a wedding planner
An intimate wedding doesn't mean that your marriage is less important than a ''bigger'' one. In fact, I believe there's no such thing as a small or a big wedding. Every celebration is and, no matter the size of the party because they're really all about one thing: your love.
Often I see couples having a hard time wording their sentiments, feelings, or envies for their day. A wedding planner is so used to it: it's the perfect person to help you navigate every possibility and create the best custom day for you. Bonus: they are all about serving you on your day. You'll feel like royalty!
Amazing vendors for elopement in Quebec
- Makeup & hair: Chelsea Dawn - Lock to Lashes // Atelier Eva Blanca // Makeup by Mary K
- Musician: Soulstation Orchestra
- Florist: Christina Kisil Flowers // Prune les Fleurs // Alex à la Campagne
- Planner: Une Touche de Magie // Le Coeur Bohème // CM Planification // Simplement Nous
- Suit: Suitablee // Surmesur
- Dress: Espace Blanc de Blancs // 1861
- Officiant: Mariage à bras ouverts
- Papetry: Maison Note // Deux Amoureux // Someday Art and co.
- Cake & sweets: Sweet Savour by Felicia
How to choose the right photographer for your experience
Choosing your photographer is never an easy task. But it's a touch harder if you have an elopement. Your photographer will be the one in your love bubble for the entire experience - from the start to the D-Day. Needless to say, having someone there for you, of which you love his work and personality, is critical!
Here are some questions you should think about when choosing your photographer:
- Does he. she have experience in elopements?
- Does he. she have a plan B in case of rain or unexpected event?
- Does he. she gets involved in the process? If yes, until what point?
- Does he. she have photos of the spots you can choose from if you can't visit yourself before?
- Can he. she provides you with a list of essentials to think of, bring with you or give you any extra tips and tricks for your day?
- Is he. she respectful of the environment?
There's a lot to think of when it's time to choose. It's super important to know your priorities, take your time and trust your guts!